Click edit button to change this text.
Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Hospitality
This course gives pupils a ‘hands on’ experience as well as the theory of the hospitality industry. You will be equipped with knowledge of the industry together with the skills and attributes required by employers.
You will get a chance to develop your practical skills in areas of food preparation and customer service.
You will complete six units:
- The hospitality industry
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Providing Customer Service in Hospitality
- Contemporary World Food
- Planning and Managing a Hospitality event
- European Food
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing desserts and Petit Fours
The course is made up of written and practical assessments. Assessments will take place in the kitchen and when serving the customer.
It is 100% portfolio evidence.
Hospitality GCSE or
Patisserie and Contemporary Food is essential.
Grade C or above in English is preferred.
- Edexel BTEC higher National in Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Business and Hospitality, Events Management or Marketing
- Hotel management in house training
- License retail management
- Industrial catering
- Event catering